Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blog Reflection "the Third"

Hmmmm...

  • I don't believe that my opinion has changed that much. Since, I took Lib 2 last semester. I found that its nice to use the databases to find certain articles and facts that would help me with what I am working on.
  • When I did research it was mainly looking for books within the topic or looking for information on Google. I still do what I have been doing before, but now I use databases as well as other tools.

Hints...

  • Now, that has got me thinking. Some of the databases like Proquest and Facts on File do the citation for you. I like that because I am not all that great on formatting the citation. Well, bad is what I should of use... I am pretty bad at doing citations. I hate them.
  • Google is an amazing search engine! Everyone should use it... and I mean EVERYONE! I'm just kidding, but I do honestly think that Google is a great search engine. It has so many different functions. I like that you can convert money & measuring functions, define words, see what temperature it is, and other wonderful, interesting things.
  • Reference sources do come in handy. I found a dictionary that had a thesaurus in it as well at the public library. I found it to be very well informed and I liked it.

I am sure that there is sooo much more that I do, but at the moment I just can't think what it is. Now I am going to be thinking about it for a while! ^_^

1 comment:

isanchez1212 said...

Haha on the google although honestly I used to only use goole before and anytime I helped my sisters or my cousin I would refer to it religiously, boy was I lost. I am glad now I know there is life after google and yahoo and that there are so many different search engines and different ways to do research. Lib 2 and 3, I am going to have you help me research:)