Friday, August 1, 2008

The" 4th" Reflection

You really didn't need the music, to get what was going on but I was a little confused. With all the words just flying by. A person can only read so fast! ;}

Information Competency
  • Recognize the need for information
  • Know where to obtain information
  • Choose the proper source and retrieve appropriate information
  • Organize, analyze, and synthesize information
  • Use and communicate information

(information is from Palomar College Library)

Hmmm... information competency is all the above and each and every student should be information competent. This means that should be able to pick out a credible website, when they are looking for information. There first site shouldn't always end in .com because the information may or may not be true.

I would like to think that I can pick out a few good websites for information. ^_^

After this course I just have to pace myself and make sure that I don't take the easy way out of something and just go to wikipedia for the answer. I have to be throrough in my research.

No comments: