Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Reflection II

For the past few weeks, the readings have become familiar but there just seems like I’m missing something within the text. I’m just not grasping the words sometimes. I do work in a library, but I rarely deal with reference questions. I am more accustomed to patrons asking me, "Where do the prints come from?" or "How can I find this online?" I feel like the readings have given me insight on how to interact with patrons.

All libraries, I think, need to be one with technology. I feel that as the human race advances, no one really cares about libraries. There are some patrons that do come in only for the pleasure of checking out a book but most people come in to use the Internet. Libraries need to step up their game. I think that there needs to be more interactions with people and libraries. There are programs to do that, but sometimes that doesn't seem like nearly enough interaction. People need to know that the library isn't just a place to scope out the web but a place that is full of wonder and helpfulness.

No comments: