Sunday, February 28, 2010

Four Reflections Later

If I had $5,000 to enhance the reference collection, I would split the money half and half on print and electronic resources. I think that electronic resources are making it easier for patrons not to come in to the library to use reference materials. So, they need to come into the library if they want to use certain reference materials.
Print resources are becoming a thing of the past, but it isn’t obsolete. Some materials can only be found in print. I like using electronic resources only because it directs me to almost exactly what I am looking for. Sometimes, people just don’t have the time to manually search for information. Electronic resources lets a person be able to multi-task.
With print resources I have to work a little harder to find what I am looking for like with homework assignment 1. Using the Encyclopedia of Associations is hard. I was lost. The encyclopedia is difficult and it took me a long time to figure it out. I’m still a little puzzled over some stuff though but eventually, I’ll figure it out.

No comments: